Jan 11, 2016

Why today is the first day of the rest of your life.

I love mornings.  I do. I wake up to sunshine, stretch, have that first sip of freshly brewed coffee.

I love the freshness of morning. My to-do list is not yet touched, and if anything is left over from the nights before,  I have a fresh open and clear mind to go attack the items left over.
Mornings usually get me in a good mood. The expression “sleep on it” rings true for me. I choose to make decisions in the mornings.

As I go forward in my recovery, I am aware of the power in mornings, and often use them to journal, brainstorm and reflect on how far I’ve come and where I want to go. I may also fit in exercise to improve and balance my mood for the day. I cherish mornings. Before my recovery, mornings seemed grey, cold and depressing. I enjoy being woken up and reminded first thing of light.


Have you found any of this to be true in your own recovery? Do you think fresh in the mornings as you progress? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!