Mar 6, 2009

Letting Go

Today I let go of the things I can't control...


The concept of letting go is difficult to grasp. When my home life was chaotic, I tried everything in my power to control what I could. When my home life was rigid, I was taught that to be out of control was disastrous. To conceive of letting go of things over which I have no control sounds good but what does it mean?

To let go and let God take over doesn't mean I give up. It means I do the best I can. It means that I don't have to control the outcome of every event. Letting go is a positive act of faith. It is releasing the idea that I must carry the whole load and the whole weight of responsibility for anyone or anything.

I feel a great sense of relief in knowing that I have only to do my part, to take responsibility for my own actions. I take it easy today and relax my hold on the fine art of never giving up. Trusting and relaxed, I surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!