Jan 15, 2016

How much strength do we need?

A lot.

Confucious said "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step," and this is a what healing is like: one baby step at a time. Sometimes big steps. And sometimes we have to step back.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr said "Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase." Faith is an inner knowing and a divine trusting that you will get through this, somehow, someway you will reach the top of that staircase.

You will more than survive, eventually you may even learn to thrive.. BUT--we can't get anywhere until we accept our childhood. We will accept our parents as they are, and we realize even though we may share their blood, their DNA and memories of our upbringing we are separate beings. As adults we are free to choose the life we want to lead. We can choose a self-destructive path or a productive path. Because of what we have to overcome we may have to choose a self-INstructive path!

Here's why: In our recovery as we learn to re-parent ourselves. 



"I'm only human, and I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human, I crash and I break down."
 from "I'm Only Human," C. 2014 Christina Perry





You're words in my head, knives in my heart, you fill me up and then I fall apart. I'm only human.

I can turn it on, be a good machine. Be your everything..."

We can be strong, for only so long.

How long?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!