Aug 11, 2009

Appreciation (Affirmation)

I show my appreciation to others as I fully appreciate myself...

Everyone I know needs to be appreciated, even as I need it from all who I know.To be able to praise and appreciate are spiritual qualities that need to be nourished by correct thinking about others.


Alcoholic families are expert at finding errors, blunders, and stupidity in all its members. This kind of depreciation reduces all love and joy to almost nothing.Gradually, through recovery, I am learning to think well of myself, of my loved ones and my friends.


Today I will think of the people I appreciate and say so. These people are lights along my pathway. Their faith in me increases my faith in myself. At this moment, I will think of myself in the finest terms. I appreciate those who have helped me along the way.

from Rokelle Lerner's book Affirmations for Adult Children of Alcoholics



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!